There was a lot of expectation to see how one of the most important releases of Nintendo this year had fared and that is that the big N has been joined by a new console and a Metroid in the same week.
Nintendo Switch OLED and Metroid Dread have reached the world and Japan has been one of the first countries to report the reception of both products.
Famitsu (via Gematsu) has published the list of best-selling games and consoles of the past week and Metroid Dread has established itself as the best seller of that period.
With 86,000 units sold, Metroid Dread is the best release in the series since 2000. and has vastly outperformed Metroid Samus Returns.
- Metroid Dread – 86,798
- Far Cry 6 for PS4 – 34,219
- Far Cry 6 for PS5 – 16,686
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 12,257 (4,085,509)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 11,936 (4,450,954)
- Ring Fit Adventure – 11,257 (2,862,651)
- Minecraft for Switch – 10,699 (2,225,165)
- Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! – 9,513
- Lost Judgment for PS4 – 8,589 (140,834)
- WarioWare: Get It Together! – 7,787 (144,966)
As for the consoles, Nintendo Switch OLED has been the best seller in Japan with a premiere very close to 140.00 units.
Interestingly, the classic Switch model has not been affected by the arrival of OLED and maintains a very similar sales rate. In third position we find the PS5 slightly surpassing the Switch Lite.
- OLED switch – 138.409
- Switch – 32,792 (17,198,146)
- PlayStation 5 – 13,786 (922,929)
- Switch Lite – 8,650 (4,088,784)
- Xbox Series S – 2,920 (38,307)
- PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 2,099 (177,974)
- PlayStation 4 – 961 (7,813,467)
- Xbox Series X – 527 (64,284)
- New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 405 (1,174,950)
Recently, Metroid Dread has been criticized by the creator of God of War something that has angered many fans.