A listing of the Intel Alder Lake T has come to light showing the new processors that the chip giant will commercialize to motorize the energy efficient desktop computers, specifically passively cooled, small form factor minicomputers with no active fans.
Alder Lake is Intel’s most exciting processing platform in the last decade. Once the transition to 10 nm processes is consolidated, the twelfth generation of Core processors will debut an architecture based on the big.LITTLE hybrid design that combines cores that have been used in all ARM SoCs for smartphones or tablets for years.
Intel will leverage the launch to support the latest technologies and standards such as memory DDR5 and PCIe 5.0 interface, in addition to launching new motherboards with 600 series chipsets. With this generation, the company will cover all market segments in which it is present, from servers in data centers to the mini-PCs that we are talking about in this post.
Intel Alder Lake T, versions
Intel will offer at least seven models under this platform. They will be differentiated by their number of cores, working frequencies, caches and levels of the integrated UHD graphic that they will include, although in all cases they will have a common value, a TDP consumption of 35 watts that marks a distance with the 125 and 65 watts of the General desktop CPUs and the higher-performance S-series CPUs.
The most powerful model will be the Core i9-12900T. A development with 8 high-performance processing cores and another eight lower-level for tasks that do not require as much performance. The number of total threads will be 24, its shared cache will be 30 Mbytes and its integrated graphics will be a UHD 770. The rest of the models and specifications will be as follows, according to filtration:
- Core i9-12900T 16 (8 + 8) – 24 threads – 30 MB L3 – up to 4.9 GHz – UHD 770 iGPU
- Core i7-12700T 12 (8 + 4) – 20 threads – 25 MB L3 – up to 4.7 GHz – UHD 770 iGPU
- Core i5-12600T 6 (6 + 0) – 12 threads -18 MB L3 – up to 4.6 GHz – UHD 770 iGPU
- Core i5-12500T 6 (6 + 0) – 12 threads – 18 MB L3 – up to 4.4 GHz – UHD 770 iGPU
- Core i5-12400T 6 (6 + 0) – 12 threads – 18 MB L3 – up to 4.2 GHz – UHD 730 iGPU
- Core i3-12300T 4 (4 + 0) – 8 threads – 12 MB L3 – up to 4.2 GHz – UHD 730 iGPU
- Core i3-12100T 4 (4 + 0) – 8 threads – 12 MB L3 – up to 4.1 GHz – UHD 730 iGPU
In all cases they will need new motherboards with 600 series chipsets, since this platform is not backward compatible with any other previous series. Prices have not been provided for these Intel Alder Lake T, a very interesting variant for motorizing small-size and low-power basic computers for computer desks, offices or home theater equipment.