The awards galas related to the titles launched in 2020 were not over yet and the awards had yet to be delivered. Games Developer Conference and Independent Game Festival Awards. We already have the winners.
The great winner of the night has been Hades. The indie Supergiant Games has garnered three awards, including the one for Best Game of the Year. Other highlights have been Ghost of Tsushima with two awards or Umurangi Generation when taking the great indie prize in this edition.
Hades has already convinced even those who are not passionate about rogue like. The good work in level design, art and gameplay of this title dazzled many. The narrative also bet on giving a twist to the genre. We leave you with the complete list of winners.
Winners of the Games Developer Conference
- Game of the Year: Hades
- Best Audio: Hades
- Best Debut: Phasmophobia
- Best Design: Hades
- Best Mobile Game: Genshin Impact
- Innovation Award: Dreams
- Best Narrative: The Last of Us Part 2
- Best Tech: Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Best Visual Art: Ghost of Tsushima
- Best Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality Game: Half-Life: Alyx
- Audience Award: Ghost of Tsushima
- Pioneer Award: Tom Fulp
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Laralyn McWilliams
Winners of the Independent Game Festival Awards
- Audience Award: Arrog
- Audio Excellence: Genesis Noir
- Best Student Game: Vessels
- Excellence in Design: Teardown
- Excellence in Narrative: Umurangi Generation
- Excellence in Visual Art: Genesis Noir
- New Prize: Blaseball
- Seumas McNally Grand Prix: Umurangi Generation
If you like curiosities about Hades you cannot miss: Myth Gods of Asgard: the mythological isometric roguelike that has aroused mockery and criticism among fans.
Remember that Hades arrives on PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X | S in August and will be available at launch on Game Pass. Have you already been able to play this spectacular title?