After a hesitant year and with quite a few problems, Google seems determined to improve services and benefits of your gaming platform, Stadia. Despite the closure of its main development studios, Stadia still has a lot to say … thanks to these new measures.

During the conference Stadia Keynote, as part of Google for Games, the company has announced a series of measures to encourage developers to add their games to the platform, as well as to Stadia Pro subscription service.

The first and most important measure is that Google will allocate 70% of the income obtained from each game to their developers. This will be measured in game sessions of each title, and based on this creators will receive higher income, but always on a minimum.

This implies that developers could get more than 70% of the revenue, although from there it would depend on the number of reproductions, hours of play of each user with that title, and variables of the platform’s Stadia Pro service.

The second measure consists of the so-called Click to Play, which encourages developers to get new subscribers for the Stadia Pro service. That is, Google will pay $ 10 to each study that he manages to gather new members for the platform, thanks to their titles, of course.

This new program will not arrive until the first half of 2022, and it seems that first $ 500 must be raised through affiliate marketing to Google Stadia. However, it seems like an interesting idea to increase the subscriber base.

stadia jotun sundered

Players will be able to enjoy the Google Stadia catalog with one click, through your browser, and that is what Click to Play is all about for the platform’s clients. As we say, there are still a few months left for this feature to be enabled.

As a final touch, Google has announced that, Starting in the last quarter of this year, Stadia new game developers will receive 85% of revenue, while the company will only take the remaining 15%.

After what a game generates $ 3 million in revenue, the division returns to its previous state. In second place, the 85/15 revenue split it will not last forever. In addition to only applying to “newly signed games”, the offer will only apply to games that are released in the fourth quarter of 2021, 2022 and 2023”, specifies Careen Yapp of Google Stadia.

What do you think of these measures? Do you think they will help Google Stadia the boost it needs? As we already told you months ago, Google’s plan goes through sign agreements with third parties, bring more games to the platform and power the Stadia Pro service.

Fountain: Gamasutra