On June 11, Ratchet & Clank: A Dimension Apart, the new installment of the Insomniac Games saga for PlayStation 5, goes on sale. This dimensional platform adventure takes us to an incessant fight against the robotic threat, while we discover its renewed technical section, the benefits of the SSD and the haptic functions of the DualSense, or the new character, Rivet.
We have already shared our analysis of Ratchet & Clank: A Dimension Apart, a PS5 exclusive that will be talked about in the coming weeks. We have granted you a 91, praising the great leap of new generation that it supposes, its graphic section and the variety of situations. This is one of the best games so far this year, and we have no doubt that you will love it as soon as you put your teeth into it.
Once analyzed, it is time to see how the new Insomniac Games game has fared in the rest of the world, at the level of press releases. For this we have consulted your official file in Metacritic, where it holds an average evaluation of 89/100, after 86 analyzes of different media such as GameSpot, IGN or Gaming Bolt, among many others.
- ComicBook: 100/100. Ratchet & Clank: A Dimension Apart is easily the best game PlayStation 5 has to offer right now. From top to bottom, it delivers an experience that’s virtually flawless and keeps you from wanting to let go of the controller. Rift Apart is not only magnificent in itself, but as a showcase for what the PS5 is capable of.
- GamesRadar: 100/100. It feels like the Insomniac writers have been inspired by more recent Marvel movies, handling the tricky balancing act of cartoon chaos and emotional rewards. It made me, a casual lombax fan, more involved in the series than ever, and hoping to see much more of the fabulous foursome soon.
- Gamesbeat: 100/100. I love Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart because it is a fun and beautiful adventure. It’s not about letting you stumble over secondary objectives and activities on an open world map. And I love those kinds of games.
- Atomix: 94/100. It goes without saying that if you already have a PS5 in your house, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is something that you simply cannot put aside, because it is precisely one of the things that justifies having spent so much on a new generation console. It’s one of those games where it hurts to progress because every time you do it you get closer to the inevitable end.
- Gaming Bolt: 90/100. With an incredible arsenal of weapons, thrilling combat, an enchanting storyline filled with lovable characters, and visual effects to make your eyes pop, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart might just be the best game in the series to date.
- IGN: 90/100. Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is a blast. Not only does it give the latest generation of consoles a game that looks as beautiful as the improved technology promised, it is also a fantastic experience to play.
- VGC: 80/100. The capabilities of the PlayStation 5 enhance and enhance a pre-existing series of games, rather than giving us something entirely new. This isn’t a bold reinvention for Ratchet & Clank, but the same relentless, varied, sometimes fun, always charming and fun action game, only with some fancy new tricks and a higher price.
- Telegraph: 80/100. Insomniac has harnessed the PS5’s capabilities to create a sumptuous spread, combining computer-generated environments and rich Hollywood character models with liberal screens of retinal-scorching special effects. Playing the opening tutorial level feels like stepping into an animated movie – a feeling that rarely dissipates during the twelve-plus hours of Rift Apart’s gentle campaign.
- PlayStation Universe: 75/100. Technically, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is a PS5 marvel, offering stunning graphics and parts that make use of the PS5’s SSD, while also looking like the best animated movie we’ve ever seen. But while the combat is fun, Rift Apart’s narrative really drags the experience. Rift Apart is a fun ride, but ultimately not one you’ll be talking about for years to come.
- Washington Post: 70/100. Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is like a 20+ hour fireworks show. It’s a pure spectacle: waterfalls of unbridled color wrapped in polished game tropes.
Without a doubt we are before a video game of extraordinary quality, since 82 of the 86 press reviews are positive evaluations, before only 4 analyzes that give a mixed assessment. Of course, it is not a perfect game, as our colleague David Martínez tells us in his analysis of Ratchet & Clank: A Dimension Apart. Clank levels are not as ” good ” as the others, and is missing something more intensity.
As we see, between positive opinions there is disparity. Some media do not hesitate to hang the poster of the masterpiece to Ratchet & Clank: A Dimension Apart, while others assure that it is not a memorable game on such a level. What they agree on is that it is one of the best titles you can enjoy on your PS5, which next June 11 it will hit stores in different editions.