Windows 10: 20H1 and 20H2 already account for 80% of installations

Windows 10: 20H1 y 20H2 ya suponen el 80% de las instalaciones

One of the main problems of Windows 10, and in fact of the vast majority of operating systems, is the enormous dispersion of versions in use. And it is that this forces the companies responsible for them, in this case Microsoft, to publish specific updates for each version, dedicating to this end resources that in another case could be used to improve the operating system.

And no, I’m not talking about big generational leaps, like that from Windows 8 to Windows 10, but about different versions of Windows 10 based on the most recent update of the operating system with which they have. That is why those of Redmond tend to find a way to push their users, whenever possible, to the most recent version or, at least, one of the closest. The problem? That some Windows updates have been very problematic at the time, as happened with Windows 10 20H1, also known as 2004 and May 2020 Update.

We already informed you, at the time, of the multiple problems that Windows 10 2004 had after its publication, although it is fair to recognize that the company got the batteries, and that a few months later practically all the problems were solved. And regarding the second “big” update of 2020, Windows 10 20H2, last year it was actually a service pack with few new features And, yes, many less problems at launch than its predecessor.

Thus, and when we are awaiting the increasingly imminent arrival of Windows 10 21H1, which will repeat the format of its immediate predecessor, we know from AdDuplex what the last two updates to Microsoft’s operating system already bring together more than 80 percent of users Windows 10. More specifically, 20H1 users add 40.6% while 20H2 users are another 40.1% for a total of 80.7%.

The remaining 20% ​​is distributed between 1909 (second half of 2019), with 11.1%, 1903 (early 2019) with 3.3%, 4.2% for 2018 and earlier versions and 0.7% for insiders, that is, the beta versions of Windows 10. By the way, in case you are Asking what version of Windows 10 you have installed on your system, in this article we explain how to find out, in addition to telling you the risks you expose yourself to staying in the oldest ones.

This is undoubtedly good news, as it tells us that with the end of support for the November 2019 update getting closer and closer, users begin to move towards any of the 2020 versions, reducing the level of dispersion that we have seen in previous months.

And it is that until last month, there were not two but three versions that distributed the bulk of the Windows 10 installations. Of course, by the time the end of support for 1909 arrives, the deployment of Windows 10 21H1 should also have started , so that this concentration may be just a mirage, and that in three or four months we will see again that there are three versions that are distributed to the majority of users.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *