The FRITZ! Powerline 1240E from AVM is a kit consisting of two PLC devices They can also work as Wi-Fi repeaters. This configuration makes them an all-terrain solution that will help us to expand our Internet connection regardless of the obstacles we have to overcome, and that will allow us to connect to the Internet as we want.
Think, for example, of the problems you would have to take on to extend your Internet connection to a room that is on a higher or lower floor, and located in the farthest part of your home or office. With a Wi-Fi repeater it would be very complicated, especially if the signal has to overcome many obstacles and other devices that generate interference.
With a PLC device it would be very easy, since you would only have to connect the main device in a socket near the router, connect it to it by cable and plug the second device into an outlet that is inside the room you want bring the internet connection. Once done you would have a high-performance wired Internet connection, But what if you want to have a Wi-Fi connection in that room? That’s where the FRITZ! Powerline 1240E from AVM comes into play.
FRITZ! Powerline 1240E from AVM: everything you need to enjoy the Internet the way you want
The FRITZ! Powerline 1240E from AVM can work as a PLC device, and also as a Wi-Fi repeater offering good performance. Thanks to this we could, in the previous example, take a wired connection to that remote room, and we would also enjoy a Wi-Fi connection both in that room and in its surroundings.
Obvious to say that This translates into a world of advantages. If you use several devices, you could, for example, connect a PC, a console or a television via cable and enjoy a Gigabit Ethernet connection, and connect any additional device (tablets, smartphones, etc.) via Wi-Fi.
Interesting, right? Well, keep reading, we are going to tell you the key specs FRITZ! Powerline 1240E from AVM:
- PLC device compatible with the HomePlug AV2 PLC standard with Wi-Fi repeater functions.
- Gigabit Ethernet port with a speed of up to 1,200 Mbps.
- Wi-Fi N connectivity with a speed of up to 300 Mbps.
- Quality of Service technology: prioritizes bandwidth based on workload to improve performance.
- Supports multicast sessions through IGMP.
- AES 128-bit factory encryption.
- Supports the Internet protocol IPv6.
- WPS to connect Wi-Fi devices with the push of a button.
- Complies with the WPA2 standard.
- Compatible with Wi-Fi Mesh.
- It has a minimum consumption and a very simple and intuitive user interface.
The FRITZ! Powerline 1240E from AVM is available in Spain with a price of 120 euros.
Leave a Reply