Philips has just announced the latest addition to its C series monitor lineup with the new Philips 279C9, a very practical monitor that is equally interesting for professional environments and content creators, as for entry-level 4K gaming.
Specifications Philips 279C9
- Display: 27-inch anti-glare IPS LCD panel
- Resolution: 4K UHD (3,840 x 2,160 pixels) under a 16: 9 aspect ratio
- Pixel Density: 163 PPI
- Refresh rates: Up to 75 Hz
- Response Time: 5 ms Gray to Gray
- Maximum brightness: 400 nits
- Typical contrast: 1300: 1
- Smart contrast: Mega Infinity DCR
- Color gamut: NTSC 90.7% and sRGB 109% with DisplayHDR 400 certification
- Viewing angles: 178º / 178º
- Connectivity: 1x DisplayPort 1.4, 2x HDMI 2.0, 1x USB-C, 4x USB-A 3.2
- Size: 612 x 353 x 218mm (with stand)
- Weight: 5.85 kilos (with stand)
Two of the most remarkable details at first glance are removing frames and bezels, which allow a more expansive image result; and an ultra-thin profile finish that combines with the minimalist design of the base. Both great qualities for use in multi-monitor setups.
With a 27-inch IPS panel with a resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 pixels, the low refresh rates of 75 Hz (only achievable through the DisplayPort connection and in resolutions below 4K) and its high response time of 5 milliseconds focus more on content creators and multimedia content playback. Although that does not mean that we can find other interesting qualities such as AMD FreeSync, intended to offer a smoother and more fluid gaming experience.
And this screen uses a high-performance panel with UltraClear 4K UHD resolution (3840 x 2160), which, added to the DisplayHDR 400 and its high brightness, offers spectacular contrast and colors, with more defined brightness areas and dark tones. deeper and more nuanced.
Availability and price
Still without a specific date, the Philips 279C9 is expected to start selling from the brand’s web store from the end of this month of August, and under a price of 489 euros.