Presented alongside a wide variety of products during Xiaomi’s 10th anniversary event, one of the most noteworthy novelties came to us with the new Redmi K30 Ultra, some smartphones of premium mid-range, in which the compatibility with the new 5G wireless networks, a huge 6.77-inch screen with refresh rates up to 120 Hz, or a quadruple configuration around a 64-megapixel sensor stands out. All this under the already recurring ultra-economic price of the company.
Specifications Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra
- Operating system: MIUI 12 (based on Andrord 10)
- Screen: 6.77-inch AMOLED with FullHD + resolution (2400 x 1080) and refresh rate up to 120 Hz
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ (4x Cortex-A77 + 4x Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali G77
- Memory: 6 or 8 GB of RAM
- Storage: 128, 256 or 512 GB of internal space
- Front camera: Simple setup with a 20 megapixel wide-angle pop-up sensor
- Rear camera: Quad configuration with a 64-megapixel main lens, a 13-megapixel wide angle, a 5-megapixel macro sensor and a 2-megapixel depth sensor
- Connectivity: WiFi 6, 5G, Dual band, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, NFC, infrared, USB-C
- Battery: 4,500 mAh with fast charge (33W)
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 75.4 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 213 grams
Starting with the aesthetic section, we find a relatively simple design. And it is that difference from the changes that we could see between the Mi 10 Pro and Mi 10 Ultra, this time the Redmi K30 Ultra arrives under a design exactly identical to that of its smaller model, limiting its differences to some notable hardware improvements.
With a pop-up front camera, these phones eliminate the need for front screen notches, which combined with the use of fairly thin bezels, boils down to 93% screen ratio. A really high value taking into account the large size of the panel itself. Although it is undoubtedly a huge advantage to have a refresh rate of 120 Hz and a touch sampling rate of 240 Hz, making the most of all multimedia content.
As for the rear, we find finishes in different flat and gradient colors, where the circular module with the four cameras stands out. And is that the Redmi K30 Ultra will have a fingerprint reader integrated under the screen.
Although we cannot detract from its cameras, one of the greatest points of interest for users, backed by a large number of creative photography functionalities thanks to its artificial intelligence capabilities such as AI Skyscraping to modify the sky, or Photo Clones, to duplicate items.
Finally, to also improve the gaming experience, it incorporates a steam chamber along with a system of 3D graphene heat dissipation, which ensures stable performance even after long time use.
Availability and price
The Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra will make their first appearance under temporary exclusivity in China, and although at the moment it has not been confirmed, it is expected that we can find them available in the rest of international markets during the next months. Thus, at the moment up to four versions and prices have been confirmed according to the different memory and storage configurations, with prices between 1,999 yuan (approximately 245 euros) and 2,699 yuan (approximately 330 euros).