Pixel 4a is the new mid-range smartphone with which Google returns to its origins. Inexpensive variant of the Pixel 4, it lowers performance and build quality in exchange for a substantially lower price. An unpacked of Neowin lets you get closer to what we can expect from this terminal.
The Google Pixel 4a has its appeal. Despite the polycarbonate chassis, the size is contained for the trend in Android phones and together with a very contained weight, it allows good handling with one hand. The screen is of quality (OLED), with a typical FHD + resolution in a modern design that occupies almost the entire front.
The performance downgrade over the Pixel 4 comes from the Snapdragon 730G chipset it uses. In any case it should be enough to move the terminal. The 6 Gbytes of RAM and 128 Gbytes of internal storage are also correct for a mid-range.
Special mention for the camera. Google has already shown how you can produce the best camera system for a mobile without having to mount “zillions” of multiple sensors. Since the company relies heavily on software to take good pictures, the terminal has the exact same feature set as its bigger brother only without the 2x zoom lens.
The battery capacity is below average (although Google promises great autonomy) and it does not offer wireless charging, although it does offer fast charging. For the rest, it has support for any type of 4G network, in addition to Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth.
As in all Google mobile devices, it is worth highlighting the “pure” Android that includes no added interfaces or applications beyond what we know from the platform. The same in support. Google takes care of its own brand terminals like no Android manufacturer, guarantees a greater number of system updates and the rest are delivered in a timely and reasonable manner.
Google Pixel 4a, specifications
- 5.81-inch screen (OLED panel) with a resolution of 2,340 x 1,080 pixels.
- Snapdragon 730G SoC with eight-core CPU (two Kryo 470 Gold 2.2 GHz cores and six Kryo 470 Silver 1.8 GHz cores).
- Adreno 618 GPU.
- Titan M.
- 6 GB of RAM.
- 128 GB of storage capacity.
- 12.2 MP rear camera with Dual Pixel technology and ƒ / 1.7 aperture.
- 8 MP front camera with ƒ / 2.0 aperture.
- 3,140 mAh battery compatible with fast recharge.
- Fingerprint reader on the back.
- Android 10 as the operating system.
- Stereo speakers, two microphones, and noise cancellation.
- Wi-Fi AC and 4G.
- Measurements: 144mm (height) x 69.4mm (width) x 8.2mm (depth).
- Weight: 143 grams.
Pixel 4a is now available on the Spanish Google Store and can be booked by 389 euros with free shipping. For those who want more, Google will soon launch the Pixel 4a with 5G and the higher-performance SoC Snapdragon 765G. For later, the Pixel 5 is also confirmed.