The Chinese giant has presented The Huawei MatePad 10.8, a new high-end tablet that is presented as a very interesting solution, thanks to its careful design, its excellent specifications and its set of accessories, which includes in removable keyboard and stylus.
At the design level, the Huawei MatePad 10.8 has a minimalist finish, with some rounded lines and a metal finish that gives it a premium touch. On the front we find tight frames that follow the trend of the sector towards the all-screen format, a goal that, for the moment, is far from being achieved in the tablet sector.
Taking a look at the hardware we find, as we have said, with a high-end tablet It is prepared to offer a good experience even with demanding applications, thanks to its powerful Kirin 990 SoC with eight-core CPU and its 6 GB of RAM, which guarantee perfect multitasking.
Full specifications of the Huawei MatePad 10.8
- 10.8-inch IPS screen with a resolution of 2,560 x 1,600 pixels.
- Kirin 990 SoC with eight-core CPU divided into three blocks: two high-performance Cortex-A76 cores at 2.86 GHz, two Cortex-A76 cores at 2.36 GHz and four high-efficiency Cortex-A55 cores at 1.95 GHz.
- Mali-G76 MP16 GPU with 16 graphics cores.
- Optional 4G-5G LTE connectivity.
- 6 GB of RAM.
- 64GB-128GB-256GB of expandable storage capacity using microSD.
- 13 MP rear camera, 8 MP front.
- 7,500 mAH battery.
- Android 10 with the EMUI 10.1 layer.
- Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1.
- Harman Kardon + four-channel speakers.
- Stylus and removable keyboard.
- Measurements: 257 x 170 x 7.2 mm.
- Weight: 500 grams.
Price and availability
The Huawei MatePad 10.8 will be exclusive, for now, the chinese market. The company has not said when it plans to take it to other markets, so for now we can only wait.
We have the prices of its different configurations, but they are conversions from yuan to euros, so keep in mind that the price of the Huawei MatePad 10.8 in Spain should be higher after adding the corresponding taxes.
- Base version of 6 GB and 64 GB: 297 euros to change, some 349 euros with taxes.
- 6 GB and 128 GB version: 340 euros to change, on the 399 euros with taxes.
- Top of the range with 6 GB and 256 GB: 436 euros to change, some 499 euros with taxes.
- The version with 4G, 6 GB and 128 GB will cost 389 euros to change, on the 449 euros with taxes.
Other important news
Along with the Huawei MatePad 10.8, the Chinese company has also presented a less powerful and cheaper tablet, clearly aimed at the general consumer market and, specifically, the mid-range, the Huawei Enjoy Tablet 2.
This model will have an approximate price of 249 euros In its configuration of 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage capacity, it mounts a 10.1-inch IPS screen with a resolution of 1,920 x 1,200 pixels and comes with a Kirin 710A SoC, manufactured in 12nm process and equipped with four Cortex-A73 cores and four Cortex-A53 cores (eight cores in total). Its GPU is a Mali-G51 MP4.
Its battery has a capacity of 5,100 mAh, mounts two stereo speakers and has a 3.5 mm jack connector. It will be available in August, but only in China. We do not know when it will reach other markets.
The Huawei TalkBand B6 It has been another of the protagonists of the presentation event of the Huawei MatePad 10.8 and Huawei Enjoy Tablet 2. We are facing a sports activity bracelet which brings a very curious design, since we can extract it and use it like a Bluetooth headset.
In terms of design, Huawei has chosen to follow angular lines that give it a rectangular finish. Its screen is of type AMOLED curved, it has a size of 1.53 inches and a resolution of 188 x 460 pixels. It is IP57 certified for resistance to dust and water, it has a blood oxygen saturation sensor (SpO2), it has a heart rate sensor and it has a 120 mAh battery that theoretically offers up to three days autonomy in «smart bracelet» mode. In earphone mode it promises eight hours of autonomy.
The version with silicone bracelet has a price to change 129 euros. We do not know when it will be available in Spain, but it is clear that it is moving away from the economic range, where manufacturers such as Xiaomi lead (less than 40 euros).
Leave a Reply