Filtered during the first months of this year, the arrival of the new ASUS ROG Phone 3 is something already indisputable. However, with photographs and advances very similar to those of its predecessor, many had doubts about whether we would finally get to see the new terminal this year. Although without a doubt the technical section shows us a more than worthy successor, perfectly updated to keep up to date with the current top of the range.
ASUS ROG Phone 3 Specifications:
- Operating system: Android 10 + ROG UI
- screen: 6.59-inch AMOLED with 120Hz refresh rates and 240Hz touch sampling
- Resolution: FHD + (2340 × 1080)
- Processor: Snapdragon 865 Overclocked (3,091 GHz)
- Memory: 8, 12 or 16 GB of RAM
- Storage: 128, 256 or 512 GB
- Rear cameras: Triple setup with a 64 MP main sensor, 13 MP wide-angle camera, and telephoto lens
- Frontal camera: Simple setup with a 32 MP sensor
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 ac, WiFi Dual Band, 5G, Dual SIM, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC
- Battery: 5,800 mAh with 30W fast charge
- Dimensions: 171 x 78 x 9.85 mm
- Weight: 240 grams
- Others: Face recognition, iris recognition, fingerprint reader under the screen
A launch that as detailed from My Fix Guide not only would it occur this year, but it will be done almost immediately. So, in the absence of official confirmation, everything indicates that ASUS will repeat the strategy of the previous ROG Phone II, and will again present its new gaming smartphone during this month, pointing all the rumors to the last days of the month, with a presentation in India dated for next Thursday, July 23 at 11:45 p.m. (Spanish peninsula hours), which will be digitally broadcast through the brand’s official channel on Youtube.
ASUS ROG Phone 3 vs ROG Phone 2
Once again, the aesthetic changes of the ROG Phone 3 will be quite rare within its family, with a design very similar to that of its predecessors, with the only notable change being the omission of the headphone jack and the great absence of ultrasonic triggers «AirTriggers».
And is that the real changes will reside in its components, with the first addition of a processor Snapdragon 865 with a 5G NR mount thanks to the inclusion of the Snapdragon X55 modem; a maximum setting of up to 16 GB; internal storage of up to 512 GB GB UFS 3.0; and its huge 5,800 mAh battery with 30W fast charge support. Some qualities that, added to its FHD + screen with 120 Hz update rates, will allow us to enjoy a high-level gaming experience.
Finally, another of the great novelties, still pending official confirmation, would come with the ASUS ROG Phone 3 pre-installed applications, among which stand out the Google Stadia cloud gaming service and the support of some ROG gaming applications, such as Aura Lighting, Refresh Rate Control or Performance Boost, or the control tools of the View Dock and Kunai Gamepad accessories.